Welcome to D C Electrical
Based in North Canterbury, we are the electrical specialists with over 25 years’ experience in all aspects of electrical wiring, maintenance and upgrades.
We are dedicated to providing a professional and prompt service to all our residential, rural and commercial customers across North Canterbury.
We provide a broad range of services from small electrical repairs around the house, to entire house rewires, new builds, office rewires, additional power points, lighting and more.
We take care of all electrical installations, maintenance and repairs.
Areas we service
It is very helpful to find a company that will go above and beyond what is required and keep not only our owners happy but the tenants as well. I have no hesitation in recommending you...
Sally, Real Estate Agent, Christchurch
Fully Qualified Electricans, with over 25 years experience carrying out electrical works in domestic, commercial and industrial environments.
The benefits of
Benefits of replacing fluorescent tubes with L.E.D. tubes
- Life span. An average fluorescent tube will last around 10,000 hours but deteriorate in light output after around 7,000 hours of operation. An L.E.D. tube will have an operational life time expectation of up to 70,000 hours
- Maintenance. Cost of maintaining L.E.D tubes are minimal compared to the regular replacement of conventional fluorescent tubes
- Energy consumption. L.E.D. tubes use approximately 30% of the power of a fluorescent tube saving $’s on your energy bill
- Efficiency. Fluorescent lighting is affected by temperature. They work best in mild room temperatures. If the room temperature increases or decreases significantly, it affects the tube and quality of the light. L.E.D. tubes are not affected by room temperatures , therefore you will get the same energy savings no matter what time of year
- Lighting quality. L.E.D. tubes generate bright directional lighting meaning you can have the light you need exactly where you want it. Fluorescent lighting is not as bright and dissipates easily
- Environmental and safety concerns. Fluorescent tubes contain Mercury, which is harmful to a person or the environment when the tube breaks and have to be disposed of properly. L.E.D. tubes are safe to use, have no mercury or toxic materials and are easy to dispose of
Please call freephone 0800 34 44 54 or 027 200 5227 or use the contact form for more information or to arrange a free quote.